Flying long haul flights can be stressful and if you are flying in economy, slightly cramped! With my travel picking up this year, I thought I’d share some handy tips that Ive picked up over the past years flying long haul flights.
- Pack your carry on luggage with all the top essentials – these tips here will ensure you don’t miss anything!
- Take a neck cushion to keep your neck relaxed and in the correct posture as you rest and recline
- With the newer economy seats that airlines are putting in, the seat cushioning is harder and denser. You can work your way around this issue by taking your own seat cushion to make your seat comfy for the full flight – 10+ hours on a hard seat is unbearable!
- Remember to get up and stretch those legs! Economy class offers a cramped solution, with not much leg room. This puts you at rick of things such as DVT. Moving around will help the circulation and keep you at bay of these things! Getting up, rotating your ankles and doing other onboard exercising are some of the things you can do. If you are permitted to, taking a disprin before your flight is another way to keep healthy over your travel.
- Wear layered clothing on board. Jerseys, scarves are great choices as they allow you to adjust to the cabin temperatures and keep comfortable throughout your flight!
- Take your own snacks – the snacks on the airplane may not be to your taste or you may prefer healthier options.
- Don’t forget to take an empty water bottle with you to fill up just before you get on your flight. Flights can be incredibly dehydrating, and by keeping hydrated, you curb many of the travel related illnesses such as headaches, jetlag, tiredness.
Do you have great tips to share? Anything to make the trip more comfortable is a bonus, right?